To aid the cleaning and maintenance of mine site vehicles a wash bay vehicle ramp was designed. The client requirements were:
- Constructed from large welded assemblies that can be transported easily and that would minimise construction time on site – modular.
- Galvanised surface treatment.
- Open sections to make it easy to monitor corrosion and damage.
- Capable of handling certain site vehicles.
- Fully compliant with the relevant Australian Standards.
- 5T capacity.
- Incorporated vehicle wheel guides (safety).
The final design for this ramp is shown below. It complied with all of the above requirements and is currently installed at a few mine sites around WA. It was constructed in four large sections that was bolted together on site with splice plates and was also attached to the concrete with mechanical anchors. The all-important feedback that was received from our clients was very positive. The ramp was easy to transport, easy to install, had a quality construction and was easy to use. It is an example of a simple design that just works. Below is the 3D model used for designing the ramp, it isa very cost effective way to visualise the final design and changes at this change can be made very easily.
Below is the final ramp being installed on site.
Contact us to discuss your specific wash bay vehicle ramp requirements.